Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Journey Continues...

In late September, I posted a new entry to this blog detailing the search for my birth mother. Since that time, a few things have developed. Through the power of the internet (mostly Facebook), I have since had the pleasure of meeting all of the family members on my birth father's side, and many of the family members on my birth mother's side.

As I mentioned in the September post, the initial motivation behind seeking out my birth mother was simply to gather information...specifically, medical history.

Over the past several months, I have had the pleasure of spending time with all of my newly found aunts, uncles, and cousins on my birth father's side of the family. The Read family has been kind, welcoming, and supportive. My newly found aunts, uncles, and cousins have welcomed us kindly into their homes and lives. My sons have even found some new playmates.

I had the pleasure of meeting two of my birth mother's siblings last night, and they, too, were kind and supportive. I look forward to spending more time with them soon.


What started has only a quest for information has evolved into much more. I am truly grateful for everyone's openness to contact, willingness to share, and support of this process. It has been a truly great experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment